Works of Art
The Fountain and the Venetian Well were offered to the Town in 1930 by C.B. Thorne, who was then the director of the Temiscaming mill. Imported from Italy, these bronze collection works of art graced the courtyard of an old aristocratic Roman family. These are the work of a Toscan artist. The well is decorated with beautiful dancing figures. It is erected on a florentine marble base. The fountain is surmounted by a statue of Neptune and is surrounded by mythological figures.
C.B Thorne also offered a bronze statue of David which is located in front of the Town Hall, a marble statue named «Spring» located inside the Town hall and a painting representing the Holy Family located at St. Theresa’s Church.