In order to make sure that your project will respect the current town?s bylaw and standards, it is essential to communicate with the municipal inspector before beginning any renovations, constructions, expansions, modifications, or others.
A building permit is needed, among others, for the following situations:
- Permanent or temporary construction;
- Modifications, repairs, transformations or demolitions of any buildings or part of a building;
- The installation of a prefab building;
- Excavation works for the construction.
However, a permit is not needed to:
- Install a car shelter;
- Paint or maintain a building.