Removable Car Shelter
Extract of zoning bylaw #427, Removable car shelter
Article 19.4.4 Removable car shelters are prohibited between May 1st and November 1st. The front setback for these shelters are 1.0 meters. These shelters must respect the laterals setbacks applicable to secondary buildings.
Extract of bylaw #420 in regards to nuisances, noise, curfew and the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Article 19 Throwing or putting on the sidewalks, the roads or in the alleys, yards, public land, public areas, water or municipal waterways, snow or ice from a private property constitutes a nuisances and is prohibited.
Extract of bylaw #140 on circulation
Article 69 Overnight parking during winter: It is prohibited to park a vehicle in the street between midnight and 8:00 a.m. from November 1st to April 15th.
Article 70 Parking during winter: In order to help with the snow removal when signs are installed after a snow storm or when removing accumulated snow or ice from the roads or sidewalks any vehicles parked in the street must be left in the care of someone.
Parking and Occupation of a Camping Trailer
Extract of zoning bylaw # 427
Article 19.4.6 Camping trailers can only be installed in a camping ground. Its presence elsewhere is tolerated to store it. However, there presence on a private property is tolerated for a maximum of four (4) days, per year, or when major events are held like the Town's 75th anniversary, sea doo races? Camping grounds need to be planned and operated as per the provincial acts and regulation in force.
Extract of construction bylaw #429
Article 3.5 a) All home owners served by the municipal sewage system must installed a safety, back-up or check valve on horizontal connections intended to dispose of waste water, and not on the main pipes, as per the national building code and/or the plumbing code.
Article 3.5 b) A safety, back-up or check valve must be maintained in good working condition at all time by the home owner.
Article 3.5 c) In case where a home owner does not install or maintain in good working condition a safety, back-up or check valve, the town will not be liable for any damages caused to the building in question or to its content following a flood due to sewers backing up.
Extrait du règlement de zonage 399
Section 2 - Number of dogs
Article 3.11 It is prohibited to own more than two (2) dogs at a time and to have more than two (2) dogs per household.
Article 3.12 The owner of a dog that gives birth must, within ninety (90) days following the birth, gets rid of the puppies in order to conform to the present bylaw.
Section 3 - Number of cats
Article 3.13 It is prohibited to own more than two (2) cats at a time and to have more than two (2) cats per household.
Article 3.14 The owner of a cat that gives birth must, within ninety (90) days following the birth gets rid of the kittens in order to conform to the present bylaw.
Article 4 - Nuisances
Article 4.1 The facts, circumstances, gestures and acts indicated below constitute an offence to the current bylaw:
a) The fact, of a dog, barking or howling or for a cat meowing in a manner to disturb the peace, the tranquility and be an annoyance for one or many persons;
b) The fact for an animal to disturb household trash;
c) The fact, of an animal, being in a public area with its owner not being able to keep it under control at all times;
d) The fact, of an owner, to let urinate or defecate its animal on a public or private lawn, garden or property other than its own;
e) The fact, of an animal, biting or attempting to bite a person or an animal;
Extract of bylaw #594 on the use of drinking water
Article 7.2 Watering vegetation: Manual watering (automatic spray gun) of gardens, flower beds, planters, lawns and trees is permitted at all time.
Article 7.2.1 Watering periods: Watering lawns, shrubs, trees and other vegetation mechanically (standard sprinkler) or with porous tubes is only allowed between 8 pm and 11 pm the following days:
Even days for addresses with an even house number;
Odd days for addresses with an odd house number.
Watering with an underground system is allowed from 3 am to 6 am Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Article 7.2.2 Automatic watering system An automatic watering system must be equipped with the following devices:
- An automatic humidity detector or an automatic shut off in case of rain, preventing the watering cycle when atmospheric precipitation is enough or when the moisture content is adequate;
- A device such as a reduced pressure backflow preventer type to prevent all contamination of the drinking water system;
- An electric van that is implemented by an electric control equipment and serving as an automatic command for watering or for the watering cycle. This one must be installed downstream of the backflow protection device.
- A handle or a valve with a manual shut off only used in case of a break, of a malfunction or for any other cases considered urgent. The handle or valve must be accessible outside.
Article 7.2.3 New lawn or landscape Despite article 7.2.1, new lawn, trees, shrubs or landscape can be watered every day during the hours described in article 7.2.1 for 15 days following seeding, planting or installing lawn turf.
Lawn turf can be watered any time the day of its installation.
Homeowners watering new lawn, trees, shrubs or landscape during this period must provide proof of purchase of the vegetation or the seeds in question when requested by the person responsible to apply this bylaw.
Article 7.2.4 Water run-off It is prohibited for anybody to use deliberately a watering system in a way to let the water run-off in the street or in the neighbor?s property. However, it can be tolerated when the wind is blowing.
Article 7.3 Piscine et spa A pool or spa cannot be filled between 6 am and 8 pm. However, water can be used to help maintain the sides of the pool during its installation.
Article 7.4 Vehicles, driveways, sidewalks, streets, patios or outside walls of a building A vehicle can be washed anytime as long as a bucket of water is used or an automatic spray gun.
Driveways, sidewalks, patios or outside walls of a building can only be washed between April 1st and May 15th of each year or when there is painting, construction, renovation or landscaping work done around the house justifying washing driveways, sidewalks, patios or outside walls of a building as long as an automatic spray gun is used.
It is strictly forbidden to use drinking water to melt snow or ice in driveways, yards, patios or sidewalks at any time.
Article 7.5 Car wash All automatic car wash that uses drinking water must be equipped with a functional water recovery, recycling and recirculating waste water system to wash vehicles.
Owners or operators of a car wash must conformed to the above paragraph before January 1st, 2017.
Article 7.6 Landscape ponds All basins, with or without water jets, waterfalls or fountains, that the initial filling and upkeep are done with drinking water, must have a functional recirculating system. Continuous water circulation with drinking water is prohibited.
Article 7.7 Water games All water games must be equipped with an automatic motion detector. It is prohibited to use drinking water continuously.
Article 7.8 Continues purge It is prohibited to leave the water running except if the person responsible of applying this bylaw explicitly allows it and that only in some specific cases.
Article 7.11 Water ban The person responsible of applying this bylaw can, in case of drought, major brakes on the municipal water system, or when its necessary to fill out the municipal?s tanks, put up a water ban through a public notice for a specific sector and a specific amount of time to prohibit watering lawns, trees and shrubs, fill up a pool as well as washing a vehicle or use water outside, regardless the reason. However, this ban does not affect watering manually gardens, edible plants, in soil or in a pot, flowers or other plants.
In case of new lawn, trees or shrubs, or filling up a new pool, an authorization can be obtained from the responsible if the climate conditions or the water supplies allow it.
Sceptic installation - 3 questions / 3 answers
QUESTION: When do I need to pump my septic system?
ANSWER: Quebec regulation sees that specific times are fixed to empty scum and sludge from the septic system:
- At least once every second year if used year round;
- At least once every four year if used on a seasonal basis (less than 180 days per year).
QUESTION: What should I do in order to improve the operation of my septic installation?
ANSWER: Many steps and habits should be taken / done for your septic system to run better. Like:
- Make sure to know the locations of the components of your septic system;
- Avoid circulating above the components of your septic system with a motorized vehicle because it could break the pipes, the holding tank or any other components. Circulating above the components can also compact the soil and cause discharges and a deficient treatment of waste water.
- When needed, get your septic tank emptied by a professional.
- Only send your waste water (toilet) and your household grey-water (sinks, showers, etc.) to the septic system. Do not connect your roof and foundation pipes to it.
- Moderately use cleaning chemicals products. Do not throw paint, gas, pesticides, oil, antifreeze or any other chemical products in your sink or toilet. These products are toxic for the bacterial flora of your septic system.
- Avoid throwing in the toilet or the sink the following products : dental floss, feminine hygiene products, condoms, diapers, cigarette butts, cotton swabs, coffee grounds, cat litter, paper towel, or any other households article that could cause a break of the treatment device.
- Use water responsibly and fix water taps or toilet leaks as soon as possible because higher the water consumption, higher the demand is put on the system so more risks of the system malfunctioning.
- Avoid the use of additives. Additives that some people suggest to add to your septic tank is not necessary. Some are not even recommended because they may affect and damage the septic tank and system and the drain field.
- Avoid throwing fatty materials in the sink (cooking oil, greasy broth and others) because they can accumulate in your septic tank.
- Avoid as much as possible the use of a garbage disposal unit. They can cause heavier charges and an increase in the accumulation of sludge in the septic system.
- Respectez les recommandations contenues dans le guide du fabricant.
QUESTION: Under the bylaw concerning waste water treatment and disposal for detached residences (Q 2, r.22), when do I need a permit?
ANSWER: A permit from your municipality is needed in the following situations:
- Before building a new residence;
- Before adding a bedroom in a residence;
- Before building, renovating, changing, reconstructing, moving or extending a septic system.
For more information or clarification, contact the municipal inspector at 819-627-3273, extension 106 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Extract of zoning bylaw #427
Article 19.4.8 Pools can only be located on the side of the house or the back yard. All pools need to be installed or constructed at least 2.0 meters from any lot line.
Any pool that any of its parts is deeper than 50.0 centimeters needs to be surrounded by a wall or fence at least 1.22 meters tall. The fence or wall must be equipped with an automatic door lock. For above ground pools or partly above-ground and partly in the ground, the walls of the pool can be used as a fence as long as they have the proper height or can be extended to the height mentioned above and that the pool is equipped with a removable ladder.
Extract of bylaw #530 prohibiting all motorized vehicles on the bike path
Article 1 The bike path between the pedestrian bridge on Murer Street and 2nd avenue managed by the Town can only be used by pedestrians, individuals rollerblading, , biking, or using any other non-motorized sports equipment that do not interfere with other users.
Article 2 lt is strictly prohibited to circulate on the bike path mentioned in article 1 with a motorized vehicle other than a motor assisted bicycle or an electric wheelchair. Emergency vehicles or vehicles authorized by the Town for maintenance or repairs are allowed.
Extract of zoning bylaw #427, Article 19.4.9 Garage and sidewalk sales Temporary garage sales are authorized in all zones as long as it is one garage sale per year per building. A garage sale cannot last more than 9 days. A sign, no bigger than 1m2, can be installed on the main building or on the property lot where the garage sale is being held. The sign must be taken down after the garage sale.
Extract of bylaw #449 relating to the Town of Témiscaming's cemetery, Article 4.15 Flowers and plants The concessionaire can, on its plot and no higher than 18?, in front of the gravestone or the monument:
- Place wreaths or sprays of natural flowers;
- Plant or cultivate flowers and small non-creeping plants;
- Place plastic flowers at the base of the gravestone or monument.
If the flowers or plants are dried, abandoned or is not esthetically, the Town's employees can remove them without notice.
The Town of Témiscaming or its employees cannot be held responsible for damages done to the flowers or plants at any time.
Find a document
- Municipal Policies
- Municipal Bylaws
- Municipal Journal
- New Citizens
- Municipal Maintenance
- Programs and Campaigns
- Leisure and Sports Facilities
- Environment and Waste Collection